Original Drench-Mate 1
The Drench-Mate is a unique, high quality pumping system specifically designed for pumping fluids into ruminants. For the single dose system we have a 6.5 gallon bucket, a 11.5 foot poly-hose and a cam-lock fitting for easy detachment. A locking frick tube so that the hose does not slip out of the rumen while you are pumping. A red mark on the hose indicates how far it should be inserted into the rumen. Mounted on top is a hand diaphragm pump that has the capacity to drench a cow in 1-1.5 minutes. The Drench-Mate is made of hardened plastic and stainless steel hardware so it will not rust or corrode.
- large capacity bucket for volume
- screw top lid so the drench product will not spill while carrying and drenching
- long poly hose for safe and easy rumen placement
- cam-lock fitting for easy detachment for safety and for cleaning
- locking frick tube so the hose will not slip while drenching
- red mark indicates how far the hose should be inserted into the rumen
- high volume diaphragm pump for pumping fast and highly viscous products without plugging
- high quality plastic and stainless steel components for the prevention of rust and corrosion
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- To open turn pump lid assembly counter clockwise.
- Fill bucket with water and Drench-Mate “Drench” product and mix thoroughly.
- To close – point handle of pump away from handle of bucket and turn clockwise quarter turn.
- Insert Frick Spectrum tube and attach nose lead into nostrils.
- Slide poly hose through Frick Spectrum tube in rumen.
- Lock Frick Tube once the red mark is at the end of tube. Red mark on hose indicates the approximate distance from rumen for a mature Holstein cow.
- Attach cam-lock fitting to pump end.
- Begin pumping and it should take just under a minute, pump entire bucket. If you see the cow NOT chewing then you need to STOP pumping as this can cause a refluxed rumen fluid into the lungs.
- Tilt bucket toward inlet near end of drenching process to ensure all of the solution is pumped.
- Rinse and flush entire system with clean hot water after each use.
Drench-Mate I Includes:
- “A” 6 ½ gallon bucket with twist on pump lid
- “B” 11 ½ long ¾ poly hose with male cam-lock fitting
- “C” 20 inch locking Frick Spectrum tube with nose lead
- “D” ¾ inch female cam-lock fitting
Drenching rate and techniques vary; please consult your local veterinarian.